About Me

My photo
a happy mom and wife who loves to laugh and delights in finding a great pair of shoes! We currently find ourselves serving with 250 wonderful missionaries in the England London Mission - what joy!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Moments to Remember

How we rely on our techincal equipment to work!  I haven't posted anything for so long because my beloved imac has refused to allow the usb ports to work and I can't download any pictures.  I have an appointment with the Genius Bar at Apple today and I just hope that my pal can be repaired...and repaired quickly.  
So much has happened in the past few weeks.  We had the blessing of having my mom, Mamaw to the kids, here with us for about 6 weeks.  What a gentleness she brings to our home.  The boys are so tender with her and everyone loves to be around her. She left on Saturday and we are missing her.   Our little dog, Scout, is in withdrawals.  She got lots of attention from Mamaw and is missing her cuddle time.  Scout has followed me around for the last 3 days and even at this moment is insistent that she sit in my lap with her head resting on my arm as I try to type.  Mom says that she is getting too old to come back out for another visit, but none of us are willing to accept that decision.  We will cross our fingers for another visit this summer!

We also had a fun spring break at the cabin with a ton of snow.  I am not sure spring will ever come to Pine Tree, Utah.  (A little homage to White Christmas!)  It was delightful to have all of the kids there with little baby Jack at the cabin for the first time.  We built fires, snow forts, and puzzles.  We played games and watched movies and slept in late.  We broke, and then repaired a vacuum cleaner (actually, I repaired the vacuum- the man of my dreams had gone to the valley to work) and broke and prayed over a dryer.  (Little miracle there-- it now works and we can't explain it.)  We ate lots of food and did a lot of dishes and were really sad to have to return to the world of responsibility. 
 
Last weekend was General Conference for our church.  What a privilege it is to feast on the words of men and women called of God.  We felt inspired and uplifted and motivated to be more faithful, more temple-going, more hopeful, and more Christ-like.  

No comments: