About Me

My photo
a happy mom and wife who loves to laugh and delights in finding a great pair of shoes! We currently find ourselves serving with 250 wonderful missionaries in the England London Mission - what joy!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Death of a Fly


This morning I walked into my bathroom and there on my floor was a dead fly.  Now, this is unusual, not because I don't have flies in my house, but because I don't ever recall finding one on my bathroom floor...especially in April.   I remembered, as I recovered from my surprise, that I had seen this fly come in the back door on Sunday while the boys were outside tossing the lacrosse ball. Now, you ask, how do I know that it was this particular fly?  Come on, it wasn't the cute Easter outfit it had on, it's April.  We just don't have that many flies and anyway, I had seen it flying around the house on Monday and Tuesday.   I know that it wasn't there last night when I washed my face, for heaven's sake, I would have stepped on it.  For some reason, it was there, dead on my bathroom floor.  Okay, you may say that it simply had lived all of its days here on the earth but nope, I think I know exactly what happened.   I declare that that fly took one look out the window this morning and when it saw the snow falling, it simply laid on its side and gave up.
         
I know just how it felt.

1 comment:

Bob and Tami said...

Holly, That is just too funny!! We feel for you as Trevor is running around here in shorts! Come down and get some sun!