About Me

My photo
a happy mom and wife who loves to laugh and delights in finding a great pair of shoes! We currently find ourselves serving with 250 wonderful missionaries in the England London Mission - what joy!

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Gentle Shepherd


Some years ago I woke in the middle of the night to find the-man-of-my-dreams writing furiously on a scrap of paper. I asked him what in the world he was doing and he responded that he had a dream in which he had written a song and he was quickly writing it down before the words left him. The long forgotten scrap of paper has stayed in his journal, lo these many years. For their father's Christmas gift this year, his boys decided to put the words to new music, the dream music having faded long ago. On Christmas morning, Peter and Zach handed him the scrap paper as they played for their father the lyrics set to their music. How touching it was to see the tears roll down the cheeks of a father as he listened to his boys sing. And how touching to see the joy on the faces of those boys as they gave their gift to their father. It was a blessed moment.



3 comments:

Annemarie said...

You have such a wonderful family. I love this story.

Ben and Taryn said...

That is awesome! What a great experience for those boys and their dad. So blessed!

Jackson Family said...

Just got on your blog -- I too love the song story...what sweet, sweet moments. I love all of your pictures. I love the cabin pictures, the buff boys (wow!) I am insanely jealous but so grateful for such good friends. We love you!