About Me

My photo
a happy mom and wife who loves to laugh and delights in finding a great pair of shoes! We currently find ourselves serving with 250 wonderful missionaries in the England London Mission - what joy!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sweet Land of Liberty

Today history happened and I witnessed it.  Though I wasn't physically in Washington DC, through the magic of technology, I was front and center sitting in my bed.  No, I didn't vote for this African American Senator from Illinois, and I don't agree with some of his politics, but in the moment, I was proud to be an American.  We have seen beyond color and, as a nation, elected a man the majority thought to be the best choice to lead our country.  The transfer of power was done peacefully and full of grace from both the Obama's and the Bush's.  The choice was made and I am ready to support this man, President Barack Obama, full of hope for the future of our country.  Our new president says that he is ready to change politics in Washington, and I am ready to take him at his word.  May God bless this land and may God bless President Obama.

No comments: