About Me

My photo
a happy mom and wife who loves to laugh and delights in finding a great pair of shoes! We currently find ourselves serving with 250 wonderful missionaries in the England London Mission - what joy!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dear Friends

                                                                        President-Elect Ryan Paul

This past week was the Utah Museums Association's annual conference.  I have had the honor of serving on the board for the past 5 years, with 2 of those years as president.  I have loved serving the museums in the state of Utah and more importantly, I have loved getting to know the unsung heros who are the caretakers of the treasures of our state.  These wonderful people give so much of their time and talents to often unpaid positions in organizations with very limited funds.  I will miss the association I have had with them.  
I thank my friends for taking in someone with no museum experience and allowing me to learn from them.  I will remember long road trips that allowed for long getting-to-know-you-better conversations, auctions with the Ryan & Jayceen Show, sitting and laughing with the girls at conferences,  new babies born into the UMA family and loved ones lost,  tiptoeing through delicate situations, sharing book titles, more laughter,  watching our museums grow more confident at the State Legislature and sharing heartaches as well as happiness.   All of these memories, and more,  make for lifetime friends who I will always hold close to my heart.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you dear friends!




No comments: